MMA expanding on fighting styles ?

Ian

Jun 4, 2008
I have been doing MMA for a while now and I do love it quite a lot and my main trainers are great but I was thinking of expanding my own style a little bit that may specifically work more in my favor in fighting.

I would also like to learn more specific things from more traditional such as ways the do take downs, punches kicks, reversals that sort of thing but I hear that asking to simply learn certain things about their fighting style more traditional arts some teachers become offended that you do not want to learn their style as a whole (from what I have heard).

Any thoughts on the idea ?

thank you for reading.

Oh no, teachers absolutely love it when you ask them for extra technique. When you want to learn the traditional style of learning, ask if its ok to show you the traditional way along with their own way so that you can compare. From my experience, they'd be more than happy to show you, at least a good teacher. As for adding your own style, I'll leave you with a quote from Bruce Lee. Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, add what is uniquely your own.

Back