Mexican pharmacy? on my cruise..?

Tami

May 16, 2008
my husband and i are going on a cruise to mexico first time ever.. one of the reasons are the pharmacy... i love the us but the medications i heard are cheaper in mexico's pharmacy ..is it true you wont need a prescription? or the medications he has now can he bring the bottles and get a refill without seeing the Dr? i really don't no how they work down there.. will we have to see the Dr down there i heard Dr and pharmacy are right next to each other...and after we get them can we board our ship with them legally.. i am so lost on there rules...thank u please help...

You cannot get antibiotics or narcotics without a prescription. Most everything else you can. there are discount generic pharmacies and regular pharmacies that give the name brand meds. The generic meds are the cheaper ones and i have used many of them with no problems. your husband cam make a lost and show the names to the pharmacist, who will look them up in their book to see what the name is in Mexico. Most name brand meds are close to the same price as in the US. the generic ones are far cheaper. there are some meds not available in generic. if you want narcotic meds, he will have to see a doctor and the doctor will not write a prescription for more days than the length of your cruise. they do not write a months worth for a person they don't know. Prescriptions for narcotics are closely regulated. Many tourists try to load up on narcotic meds they use for "recreational" purposes. you cannot do that.

Back