Mercedes Benz W201, 190E 2.6, M103 engine expert advice please?

EllPa

Aug 19, 2008
This car is still so good to me. It has 160,600 miles (260,000 km) on the Odo.
1.This machine has a habit of hesistating a bit when i want a fast acceleration..[plugs changed] why?
2. About 3 years ago i travelled 600 km and back (1200km) safely. But then i started and fast and suddenly the machine stopped after the heavy footed acceleration. I called my mechanic and he just like cleaned the fuel distributor and the machine was fine in 5 min. He said i might need to replace the distributor later.
3.About a month ago i travelled 100 km then after some 7 hrs i started back home. She did not respond to my ignition start (Usually i have to start twice or thrice before the engine is on, esp on a cold start.) I called my usual mechanic and he showed me the distributor cap which had a very tiny crack. He replaced it with a used one and the machine was happy again.
4.About a week ago she decided not to start at all. I tried about ten times in vain. I called in my mechanic & he just cleaned somethin after opening the distributor cap[?], which he said had carbon. He says water vapor was to blame for the carbon build. I dont remember passing in a stream of water (maybe my daughter but i doubt) i think it should have stopped immediately & not wait hrs later-?. there may be another reason for carbon build?
My question is: What precaution should i take that i will avert such problems? What about the fuel distributor? I have never replaced them injectors tho someone said i need to change them. I dont even know them. (My car uses petrol -i thot injectors were for diesel cars.) P also never changed coil. fuel pump & fuel filter. I only change oil filter and engine oil at 5,000 km intervals without missing. PLEASE HELP.

Back