Man arrested for 2x4 labeled "High Powered Rifle"

I'm not a vegetarian or a Jainist. I'm also not a cannibal either. If you find human flesh tempting in that way I'd recommend you find professional help.

I've yet to hear of any body go on a mass killing spree with a fire extinguisher.

Granted some tools can be more dangerous then others.

And only one tool is protected by the 2nd amendment.

I have seen one of these go off by accident and do some terrible damage to someone.

What does the first part of the 2nd ammendment actually say? It's not often mentioned but is vitally important

Not a spree but it can be used for that purpose.

http://www.suntimes.com/photos/galleries/index.html?story=7522736

(No link because it might get me in trouble with mods look it up)

(same look it up)

A militia does not mean the National Guard but all citizens as per.

District of Columbia v. Heller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

That's not the important bit....it's. WELL REGULATED militia

Nothing Obama has proposed runs counter to the 2nd Ammendment. The capacity for regulation is inherent

Didn't we have a multi-page discussion a week ago in this thread about what the Second Amendment says, what it means, DC v. Heller (the Supreme Court interpreting it), prefatory clauses versus operative clauses, why that interpretation does or does not make sense to various posters, etc?

Per research well regulated means well schooled and trained not limited.

The idea was all able bodied men to get together and train informally in case they should be called upon. To help defend the state be it from foreign attack or use in law enforcement or any domestic situation they could be required to come to the aid of the people.

Yes but there are late players and the important thing is that it is NOT sacrosanct and at anytime new case law or rulings can apply

The fact there are ANY regulations in place at all is the answer to rabid clinging to dogma

Keep guns - I do. Keep lots! But you have to prove some level of responsibility. This is not control...it is accountability

We are already into the infringe part the question is how much more do we let go of.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

There is absolutely nothing in my post that would lead someone to make the boldfaced statement. That's absurd, inflaofftopictory, and not what I was talking about. You're just deliberately trolling now. This is ridiculous.

My point was YES, guns were designed to kill, but NO, they were not designed to murder innocent people. Not all killing--of people or of animals--is murder. Guns were not designed specifically to murder. I thought that point was pretty clearly made.

Well, yes.
Actually, I've never known the NRA, or any lesser gun organization, to say otherwise. There are NRA-approved and even NRA-sponsored training classes everywhere.

You go from talking about killing innocent people and children to talking about dietary habits and how killing people isn't wrong. And still you're making that point. You are happy to kill people.

The original purpose of the gun so far as I'm aware is to kill. So long as guns have existed they have been used to kill people. Innocent or otherwise.

How can you expect others to take you seriously when you make statments that are not only a personal attack but outright ridiculous!!!

MAP, where gun discussions turn into accusations of cannibalism.

Well look at that! I should have connected the dots. Clearly wearing Tapout and Cannibalism are related, since they are two abhorrent social behaviors. Why did this escape me?

Back