looking for an anime with a good sci fi romance theme were the main hero is a bad...

chrisr

May 14, 2008
...ass? ok to be specific i just watched campione and i loved it just finished all the ep's for the anime i'm looking for something like that one were romance is one of the main themes and it's more modern with like a sci fi twist. I've seen a few like that that i like one being kaze no stigma. but i'm very open to suggestions what i'm really looking for is romance with action and sci fi doesn't matter if it's futuristic or like set in the past. and most importantly i want the main hero to be a bad ass. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

I think you might like Steins;Gate. It's a science fiction anime, about time travel - although the central focus is on the characters. It's about Okabe Rintarou, a self-proclaimed "mad scientist" who creates useless inventions in the Future Gadgets Lab (a.k.a. his apartment) alongside a few friends. But then he discovers that his Phone Microwave (Name Subject to Change) can send messages to the past....
Romance doesn't really come in until the end, but what there is is beautifully done, and until the halfway point (which, by the way, is when the /serious/ shit happens) there's plenty of witty comedy between the excellently voiced characters.

Edit: Ahh, true action is kinda scarce, and the main hero is a, well, delusional crazy person (but in a good, loveable way, if you can imagine that) for the most part. Badassery comes in at the end as well, buut not many, because there's only so much our Okarin can have.... :p I hope this doesn't sway you from watching it.

Back