Looking for a chill bar/lounge/cafe in Miami. Any recommendations?

honestiago

Jul 6, 2010
Ok. So I realize that this might be asking for a lot in South Florida, but I'm trying to find a chill local spot in Miami.

I just moved from Manhattan for work, and it has been a little bit of an...adjustment. I live downtown, and I've been having a difficult time finding an nice, quiet place to grab a drink.

Ideally, I'm looking for the type of place I can sit and read a book while sipping a beer when I'm feeling studious, or stop by for a nightcap when I'm not. The type of place that knows how to make a good martini but won't charge you $17. Where you can get to know the bartenders, they play some good music at a *normal* volume, and it doesn't get packed with the "crowd" on a Thursday night.

For those of you familiar with Manhattan, something similar to some of the chill spots in Greenwich Village like Shade, V Bar, XR, or the Slaughtered Lamb. In short, a true, dark, quiet little dive bar.

I've gathered that this might be a tall order for Miami, but does anyone know of any places that might fit the bill close to downtown? Or if not downtown then somewhere?

Thanks!
Berries looks like a nice spot! Thanks!

I'll definitely check it out, but I don't think it's exactly what I'm looking for. Although it looks like it has nice atmosphere it seems (from the webpage and reviews anyway) that it is a bit of a "hotspot." It seems to me to be the kind of place that gets packed: lots of room, lots of tables, and live music.

I'm looking for a true dive. Not a Miami dive. It seems that a "dive" bar down here means something very different then what it does up north...

I'm talking dark, small and quiet. As in if there are more than 8 people in there on a weeknight it would be bizarre. Any thoughts?

Back