Learning on first bike Suzuki GSXR 1000?

gixx3r

Sep 24, 2011
Hi, I finished the MSF course last month. I bought a used 2006 GSXR 1000 for my first bike last week. It's in A+ condition and looks really cool. I'm been trying to learn on it and so far its going ok. I really want to try and open it up on the highway but I'm a little scared. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me to make the learning process faster? Thanks

Spend some time on Youtube first rides stuff and study what went wrong. I cringe knowing what's about to happen when somebody sits there revving the engine in gear ready for a launch with no appendage anywhere near the brake systems.

If you take the time to hang out at a local hospital I'm sure you'll run into some survivors who could give you some wisdom.

It's good that you're a little scared, training and experience will help with that.

The only thing you should be opening up is a life insurance policy.

Zingg

But really, that bike is an absolutely awful bike for a beginner. Sell it and buy something more suitable. Then you will begin to learn to control the bike instead of the bike controlling you.

take it slow man that is a very very bad starter bike do not try to go above ur skill level keep it slow till u get more used to riding b/c just when u think u got it u find out u don't.

It's very difficult to learn how to ride while overwhelmed by the bike's power. DO let us know how many times you crash. Good luck!

Back