Kent Bazemore throws it down on Mavs? Jackie Carmichael in Warriors? wild Summer Leag

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
One of the things that makes rising sophomore Kent Bazemore such an intriguing prospect for the Golden State Warriors is that his 6-foot-5 frame comes equipped with a wingspan that stretches nearly 7 feet in length. This helps the Old Dominion product make life miserable on opposing guards on the defensive end; it also means he's probably closer to dunking the ball than you think he is when he takes flight.

Make a mental note of that for next time, Jackie Carmichael:

The dunk accounted for two of Bazemore's six points in the fourth quarter of Thursday's Las Vegas Summer League contest, in which Carmichael's Dallas Mavericks led by 14 with seven minutes left and by 12 with just 3 1/2 minutes remaining ... only to watch Golden State come roaring back.

Bazemore's loud lefty flush started an 11-0 run that drew the Warriors within a point at 74-73 with 70 seconds left, setting up a thrilling final minute that, appropriately for Summer League, ended with a bit of chaos:

After some final-minute free throws and a missed three-quarter-court prayer from Josh Akognon, Golden State escaped with a 79-76 victory. Bazemore finished with a game-high 25 points on 10 for 21 shooting, six rebounds, two steals and an assist in the win, which kept Golden State undefeated in four Vegas games and moved the Warriors into the quarterfinals of the Las Vegas Summer League Tournament, where they'll face the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday night.

Now, Kent's crush was cool and all, and I'm not exactly "Have Ball, Will Travel" maven Rob Mahoney or anything. But I do think it's worth noting (as Mark Deeks of ShamSports did Friday morning) that this is where Bazemore was just after taking his final dribble:

Thats-pretty-far-away.-Screencap-via-NBA.jpg

Run back the tape — after gathering the ball, Bazemore appears to take three full steps into the lane before rising and cramming on Carmichael.

See? I told you he's becoming a real pro.

If the clip above isn't rocking for you, please feel free to check it out elsewhere, thanks to our pals at the NBA.

Back