Kenpo karate instructor not fair?

Elijah

Mar 22, 2008
This guy already has 4 stripes on his purple belt,We tested on the same time , He doesn't know his purple belt kata or set and he cant fight /sparr worth a **** and i know the purple belt kata and i know all my sets up to brown belt ( 3 belts ahead ) and i can fight / sparr like a green belt but yet i have no stripes on my belt and he didnt even deserve his purple belt is my instructor infair

i think if this is your mentality you should give up martial arts.all you need to worry about is being the BEST student you can be,doesnt matter what other students are doing.

I agree fully with those that have said that you need to be worried about your own improvement not who get promoted or what belt you have. No one suddenly becomes better after they get promoted in rank. One's skills are what they are regardless of their belt color. When you understand that you will make progress. Until then you are wasting your time complaining about who did and who did not get promoted. If you can't resolve this issue, then perhaps the martial arts school you are in is not the right one for you? OR, even more so, perhaps the martial arts is not for you?
Making comments about who is and who is not worthy of being promoted amounts to you placing yourself as if you are qualified to make such decisions. It is an insult to your instructor that you feel you know better then he does what should be done.

I've said this I don't know how many times in the recent past. Do not compare yourself to other. Don't worry about other, just focus on what you need to do to improve.

people spend too much time concerned with their rank and the rank of others. It really doesn't matter. What should matter the most is your ability to defend yourself and defending your loved ones.

Back