Jesus, Buddha or Muhammad: Religion aside, who was the best of these and worst?

SelfRighteous

Dec 24, 2008
Most people know that Jesus and Buddha were pacifists who rejected violence for any reason. However, many people arent familiar with the details of Muhammad's life.

Muhammad lead twenty six separate battles of war. After one of these battles, he had 900 helpless prisoners of the Banu Qaresh tribe beheaded. To my knowledge, this is the greatest mass beheading of all time.

Furthermore, Muhammad owned slaves, most (or all) of who were black. Of course, neither Jesus or Buddha owned slaves, so this should be factored into you decision.

Finally, Muhammad married a child of 6 and "consumated" this marriage when she was seven and he was in his late fifties. This of course could influence you choice here.

I should point out that, even though Islam has always been at war and that almost all armed conflict worldwide is Islamic, this should influence your choice. Im just asking you to chose based on what the prophets did in their lifetimes irrespective of how their example impacted the behavior of their followers.
EDIT: Correction. According to Islamic scripture, she was married at six and bedded at nine.

Wow, you're a fan of Muhammad's, huh? :).

Look, Christians believe that Jesus is God incarnate or as some describe Him, "God made man." It's difficult to understand the humanity of man within the Holiness and omnipotence of God, but suffice it to say that whatever Jesus did, I don't question it. It's a little like the child who doesn't understand why his mommy and daddy do the things they do, but he nonetheless trusts that they know more than him and are doing the right thing by him.

Jesus explained a lot of what He did. A lot more of His actions were clear. The rest ... left to individual interpretation. I'll listen to people's theories, as long as they don't impune Christ's motives or His holiness. Frankly, I know little to nothing about Buddha or Muhammad. I've heard Christians say many of the things that you wrote about Muhammad. And as I look around the world in observation of how his followers behave, it's not surprising to read this stuff.

In an Islamic country, you can be killed for worshiping Jesus! Islamic countries pretty much demand obedience to their faith, as if you can beat faith into people. LOL!

America is a Christian nation, and even people who are committed to our destruction are safe here. But make no mistake, Christians are not by our Christian natures pacifists!

Anyway ... Buddha was a man. He was born, he lived, and he eventually died. Same for Muhammad. Even if Buddha was a nicer man than Muhammad, both were men. Jesus was Lord in effect masquerading as a man. He "died" of His own volition and rose again three days later. Jesus lives!

So ...

JESUS is the only true prophet..the rest have blassphemed...remember the TRINITY...

God Bless.

It is silly to do this because they are all from different time periods... but if we must! lol

1. Buddha
2. Jesus
3. Muhammad

Muhammad invented a religion so he could raise an army to kill his perceived enemies.

Jesus was a nut job who thought he was the son of a being who doesn't exist.

Buddha thought that fasting and meditation was the way to whatever, but it wasn't life.

I'd prefer Confucius. At least he labeled his teachings a philosophy.

sidartha was a passive, mohammed an aggressor, but Jesus gave life through His own death. though, i am partial.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

*15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

what are talking about? you are saying all the bad things about Islam. I bet that you know anything about it. first, Muhammad did not own slaves he used to free the black slaves, were people at that time used to torture and own slaves. Muhammad had always asked for forgiveness between people and love. he did not just asked wars for nothing. Also, he freed the women and let them have rights were at that time people in the Arab world used to discriminate women. Islam is not all about wars. but it is about mercy, love and forgiveness. I think that is pretty much ignorant to say that he married a 6 year old child and bedded her at nine, there is no such a thing like that. I suggest that you read about islam more carefully and stop looking at the terrorist who kill for islam because that is not the real islam. Islam had forbid killing like what the terrorist do nowadays.
I must say that you should stop posting such stuff like that. because that is not true
I also believe in Jesus
PEACE

WHo said the slaves were Black. and how could you even compare Anyone to Jesus. MOhammed or w,e his gay name is Sinned every day started some fake religion.BUddah wtf?
Jesus Never sinned, healed the blind, walked on water, cured the leporous, Born of Virgin birth and so on.

You know, outside of your attempts to influence our decisions, I'm still going to have to go with the guy who did not attempt to claim any divine authority for his teachings whatsoever, and who advised his students to question everything for themselves, even wisdom received from their teacher. So the winner of the Rico best religion foundation award goes to.......*drum roll*......Buddha!

I have never met any of them, so my conclusion would be purely based on conjecture and I'm not comfortable asserting it as such.

If I had to pick the one I like the most, as a figurehead, I'd say Buddha. But, again, that has more to do with how Buddhism functions than Buddha himself... as I never met the guy.

Religion aside, there is only one who is the Son of God.

His word is in the Bible, read it, then you will know who deserves all the glory and praise.

Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, "Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?" But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. Then one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals." Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth." Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!"
(Revelation 5:1-13)

May God grant you wisdom.

By far, Buddha was the most intellectual.

Jesus was a weak copy of the above.
http://www.jesusisbuddha.com/

Muhammad was merely illiterate. His "handlers" might have been Druse, Catholics, Orthodox, or others.

There is scant evidence Muhammad existed, and none to show the other two did, so the question is like asking me to choose between Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Sheena of the Jungle.

Based on the texts of each religion, Buddhism is *far and away* the best, since he insisted on an empirical standard for belief.

What the hell is your problem with Muslims, Muhammad (PBUH) never did anything to you so stop sticking your nose in places it doesnt belong!

Back