J.J. Watt wins Wisconsin-LSU bet with Tyrann Mathieu (Video)

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
86e6fc35cba56ccca949df27273f683e
Wisconsin kicker Rafael Gaglianone celebrates his field goal with teammate Robert Wheelwright late in the second half against LSU Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016, in Green Bay, Wis. Wisconsin won 16-14. (AP Photo/Morry Gash) NFL stars J.J. Watt and Tyrann Mathieu put a friendly bet on Saturday’s game between Wisconsin and LSU.
Watt, Wisconsin letterman, and Mathieu, an LSU letterman, wagered 100 pushups on the outcome of the game. And when the Badgers prevailed 16-14 at Lambeau Field, Mathieu showed that he is a man of his word and a good sport.
Now before I post this push up video remember I only did 4 reps of bench press @JJWatt ????????????????
— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) September 3, 2016
pic.twitter.com/lykarsDbVQ
Now I had to split this up in sets ???????????? @JJWatt I'm not strong like you pic.twitter.com/3ttwDbF9Ev
Watt was appreciative that Mathieu took up his end of the bet, but he was probably even more excited that his Badgers pulled off such a big upset of the fifth-ranked Tigers.
@Mathieu_Era ??????????????? much respect!! Man of his word. What a game.
— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) September 3, 2016
On Wisconsin!!!!!!
Yep, he was excited. He was also proud of his younger brother, Badgers linebacker T.J. Watt.
He's overcome two knee surgeries, major setbacks, but never wavered. Couldn't be more proud and can't wait to watch you all year @_TJWatt.
Apparently Watt made bets with LSU alums Shaquille O’Neal and Patrick Peterson, too.
Peterson wants Under Armour to hook him up with some Wisconsin gear, while Shaq settled for the congratulatory tweet.
Hey @UAFootball I need some @BadgerFootball gear to pay up for my bet with @JJWatt . Can you help me out?
— Patrick Peterson /P2 (@RealPeterson21) September 4, 2016
Wisconsin beat my LSU 16 to 14
And the great JJ watt is the best ever and his lil brother is a beast to HAIL TO THE WATT FAMILY#GEAUXLSU
— SHAQ (@SHAQ) September 3, 2016
– – – – – – –
Sam Cooper is a writer for the Yahoo Sports blogs. Have a tip? Email him or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @SamDCooper

Back