Ive just sold my ninja 250r and am looking to upgrade to a 600cc sport bike?

Jonathan

May 17, 2008
Im looking for a used bike within $6000 but I don't know which to get..I've narrowed it down to Yamaha Honda or Kawasaki...I'm not looking to race or stunt on it...just get here and there and ride on the weekends, any suggestions?

the hell with what everyone says

any 600 will make you happy! Just choose the one you like dude!
I do think the CBR600RR is better overall though.

i have ridden cbrs, gsxrs, ninjas and an R1.... i personally like the feel of the cbr some of the others are just awkward as far as position. but thats just me and i own a cbr. ninjas are a close second as far as comfort. you can easily find a used cbr or ninja on craigslist for under $4k

Your choices are all okay bikes but I like a different machine altogether.
The Triumph Street Triple 675, it's a nice torque-y motor with plenty of pop. You could probably find a used one for around your budget.

Ah... Why? A 600 4-cylinder racing motorcycle is excelent for racing on the track. A 600 4-cylinder racing motorcycle is pitiful for any other use. For "just get here and there and ride on the weekends" a 600 racing machine is a *downgrade* from the 250R.

So you dumped the quarter-liter . . . what did you disliked about the 250? Obviously not the speed and acceleration, since you claim you don't want to race. About I can figure the only problem would be high frequency vibrations of the high revs. A 650cc twin would be more comfortable.

Back