is what this 7/11 employer doing illegal? makes employees buy megamillions ticket

EddY

May 15, 2008
tat customers decide not2buy? i have two friends that work at a 7/11 down my street. i spend a quite some time inside sometimes just chillin with them at night.
so here and there they tell me stories.
in ex, if i come and tell him i want to buy 10 dollars wworth of quick picks for the mega millions but then see i only have two dollars so i chose not to buy it. then since the employee already ran it i have to buy it, but i dont. so the employee gets stuck with it and has until the end of his shift to sell it. if he doesn't, then he has to buy it.
i think this is illegal and the employer or 7/11 is responsible for paying for it and not the employees. the megamillions is the only ticket that cant be refunded, i think all the other ones you can. or at least void the ticket.

another story is that once they sold a wine bottle, but they couldn't get it open, so the customer got another one and since the seal was already broken on the other one the employee had to buy it. isn't this illegal too?

Back