Is this plot "cliche"?

Mizukilchan

Oct 28, 2008
I'm going to write a book about an orphan little girl who's actually a witch from the dark days, like around the witch hunt days... Well, she's being hunted by a group of older witches, and so to narrowly escape capture, she casts a spell then sends her into the future (modern days). A man takes her in, listens to her story, and after viewing proof of her story, he agrees to help her. However, the witches from back then are either still in existance, or went searching through the times for her.. so they're there.
I'm thinking that they'll be after the girl because she inherited great power that she doesn't know how to use yet, but I don't want to use a plot that's been used a lot.

What do you think, Answerers?

Well I wouldn't say it's real unoriginal. What I'd think really matters is how you're going to have the plot resolve all that.

Eh it's a little cliche in some parts like when she has the great power...I would maybe try to see if you could have something a little different than that but otherwise it is a pretty interesting story :)

Back