Is there a nice way to tell all of my Christian friends to stop sending me all of...

Harvey

Feb 24, 2008
...those religious FWDs? I'm not a follower of the Christian faith and I don't want to offend any friends and family members who are so devout, you know?

If you have gmail you can tell it to delete emails in all kinds of ways.

But just straight telling them is probably the best.

Or set up "one" email and tell all your friends to send their forwards to that email then just never check it again.

Be creative. Ha!

say "I really appreciate it so I will just subscribe to religious messages myself. You don't need to bother."

I sent on e mails to a particular friend. He asked me nicely not to send them so I stopped. He is still a friend and I no longer send on e mails to him.
If your friends are offended then they are not really true Christians and they are not really good friends.
You might just have a good sort out of who your friends really are.
Have a happy and blessed Christmas.

Ha, I'm a Christian and I hate those things too. They're really awful. Pity I don't have the excuse you do. :p

Just try and gently remind them that your beliefs differ from theirs... or that all forwards are bs anyway.

If you can't be bothered to just delete them, why would you be bothered to be nice about it?

Not to mention that if you don't put your foot down rude and rough, they won't get the point.

It's impossible to not offend anyone.

However, you can start an honest conversation by simply saying, "I appreciate the concern, but I'm really exhausted of forwards in emails. I don't even read them anymore, it's just too much for me and it's wearing me out. and I'm just saying because I don't want to block your emails. please and thank you."

If they confront you about religion in anyway, then just tell them, "did Jesus really force people to believe in him, or did he just present the evidence, allowed people to make a choice?
If I make or don't make a choice for him, that's between God and I. I appreciate the prayers, but I just need some space. I think it would be the Christian thing to allow me that freedom."

Back