Is there a free site for sattelite images of earth?

landon_shotwell

Aug 17, 2009
I am looking for a sight that i can view the earth looking for mountain ranges trails etc. Live pics would be the best. or recent pics. Is there such a sight i have heard of people looking up pictures of their own house and yard.

For viewing the mountain ranges ,use google earth or google maps,
google earth => http://earth.google.com/
google maps => http://maps.google.com/

for viewing the recent satellite images try accuweather.com , ! Hope this helps ! Have a nice day!

Google Earth
Google Map - is not updated every few months, because the pictures of my house in New Orleans were probably taken in late January, 2007 and they haven't changed in the more than two years since people complained that Google had put pre-Katrina images back up on Google Map, so Google complied at put post-Katrina images back up. I can tell when the pictures of my house were taken because the south side of the maple tree in the back-yard is in bloom or in seed, and I was in New Orleans living in that house December 20 something, 2006 - January 24, 2007.

Microsoft Virtual Earth or Digital Globe had September, 2008 images of part of the the greater New Orleans area up in a free online image atlas.

Try Microsoft Virtual Earth, which has become bing.com. You can change the camera angle, and it's free.

Check out maps.google.com
EDIT: Unfortunately they're only updated once every few years. On the upside it's free :D

Google Earth
Google Map - is not updated every few months, because the pictures of my house in New Orleans were probably taken in late January, 2007 and they haven't changed in the more than two years since people complained that Google had put pre-Katrina images back up on Google Map, so Google complied at put post-Katrina images back up. I can tell when the pictures of my house were taken because the south side of the maple tree in the back-yard is in bloom or in seed, and I was in New Orleans living in that house December 20 something, 2006 - January 24, 2007.

Microsoft Virtual Earth or Digital Globe had September, 2008 images of part of the the greater New Orleans area up in a free online image atlas.

Try Microsoft Virtual Earth, which has become bing.com. You can change the camera angle, and it's free.

yeah its an awesome FREE program called google earth where you can move around a satelite virtual globe of earth and zoom in and out. there are also globes for the moon, mars, and even the sky! there is also a flight simulator. just go to google and lok for google earth on a tab that says more on the top corner.

Back