is the prophecy fulfillment of Jesus crucifixion proof?

My2Cents1

Oct 11, 2008
Psalms 22 in very precise detail foretells thousands of years ahead about Jesus crucifixion.
You could say that Jesus manipulated the people to crucify him to make it seem that way BUT how would he get them to cast lots for his clothes or any of the other precise, details do you know what the odds are?

From the Old Testament alone, more than 2000 specific prophesies have been fulfilled.

graduate students calculated what the odds would be of any one person fulfilling just eight of these prophesies. they found the chance was one in 100,000,000,000,000,000,
here are a few just from: Psalms 22 and the New Testament fulfillment:

1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Mt. 27.46 · Mk. 15.34

7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn:
they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, Mt. 27.39 · Mk. 15.29 · Lk. 23.35 saying,

8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him:
let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. Mt. 27.43

16 the assembly of the wicked have in closed me:
they pierced my hands and my feet.
17 they look and stare upon me.

18 They part my garments among them,
and cast lots upon my vesture. Mt. 27.35 · Mk. 15.24 · Lk. 23.34 · Joh. 19.24
Lime Kitty [Atheati Emperor...that will be fullfilled at his second coming.
Maple Cat .....how many people who were crucified had their robe gambled for. I'm sure if any had been recored you guys would have been all over it like a fly to...well ya know
edit: OT and NT where written thousands of years apart,
Boba Fett...give me names of these 'lots of people" who had "all" these things happen to them.
we have :
JOSEPHUS
LETTER OF MARA BARSARAPION: (73 A.D.)

Mara Bar-Serapion was a Syrian who lived in the first century A.D. He wrote a letter to his son Serapion that mentions the Jews who killed their King. The letter is now in the possession of the British Museum
He healed blind and lame people in Bethsaida and Bethany, (Julian the Apostate)
Under Herod, and during the reign of Tiberius, Pontius Pilate condemned Christ to die, (Tacitus)

Most of this is garbage.

Example:-

"He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him:
let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. Mt. 27.43 "

Where is the shred of evidence here - this is all faith.

Psalms 22 is neither precise nor is it necessarily specific to Jesus.

1. Lots of people have felt forsaken by God.

7 & 8. Lots of people have been mocked.

16. In an age of barbaric torture lots of people have had their hands and feet pierced.

17. Lots of people have been stared at.

18. It was, and is, common to divide the possessions of people who have died.

Moreover, have you considered that the people who wrote the New Testament gospels knew about Psalms 22 and "borrowed" some of the details? The odds are pretty good.

Using Psalms 22 to "prove" the story of Jesus is a tough sell. It makes an exceedingly weak case. It's what scientists call anecdotal evidence and it carries no weight.

Back