Is jillian michael's 30 day shred dvd effective?

Jasmine

May 13, 2008
Im 17 years old and prom is in a few months and i want to lose about 5 pounds. Do you think this video works well? And what should my diet be like? And are there other great videos?

You can lose more than 5 lbs in a month if you watch your diet. Weightloss is 80 percent diet and attitude. Exercise is secondary.

You don't need to buy the dvd btw. You can find all three levels on youtube for free.

FitnessBlender, ZuzkaLight, The Daily Hiit with Lisa from Bodyrock and Befit channels also all have a lot of great free workouts on youtube.

Jillian Michaels says you should do a 1200 calorie diet for her 30 day shred. You can keep track of it on sparkpeople.com for free and use their free menus if you like.

You can also have more calories if you remove all sugar, wheat/gluten and grains as well as reduce dairy while eating a lot of protein, healthy fat and carbs only from veggies and greens + small portions of fruit.

Well I've seen great results from other people. I'm currently on level 1 starting day 4 tomorrow. It's tough but it's a hell of a work out. Just watch what you eat though. I'm sure if you push through all the way to day 30 you'll notice a difference in your body.

Also mix in some other workouts too like cardio to burn more fat.

Back