Is Jesus christ and god (and everything in the catholic religion) for real or just

JoseCastorena

Mar 8, 2013
a fairy tail? i mean how do you guys know its true? just because some old book and your parents tell you its true?are you going to believe something that you didn't saw with your own eyes?.
i dnt believe all that stuff written in the bible (i haven't read all of it so i'm not completely saying i dnt believe all of it)
my parents ask me to go to church with me but i dnt go because i dnt like to praise an [imaginary] person/god
i need someone to make me understand or enlighten me a lilttle bit. got any proof? faith its just not making it.

If you stop attacking God with slanderous statements and start to sincerely ask Him to send Jesus to you,He will come to you in time.

In reference to church attendance,I would not recommend most Catholic churches because they are never attended by the Holy Spirit.Call some local churches until you find one where miracles regularly occur
:close look:
which you can "saw with your own eyes" to " make me understand or enlighten me." :more crackers:

The things taught in the Catholic church are not fairy tails, they are false religious doctrines.

Faith is not just believing in something you cannot see. Faith is based on things that can be proved as true.
The word “faith” is translated from the Greek pi?stis, primarily conveying the thought of confidence, trust, firm persuasion. Depending on the context, the Greek word may also be understood to mean “faithfulness” or “fidelity.”—1Th 3:7; Tit 2:10.

Notice how the Bible defines faith.
(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

“The evident demonstration,” or evidence for conviction, is so positive or powerful that faith is said to be it.
Faith is, therefore, the basis for hope and the evidence for conviction concerning unseen realities. The entire body of truths delivered by Jesus Christ and his inspired disciples constitutes the true Christian “faith.” (Joh 18:37; Ga 1:7-9; Ac 6:7; 1Ti 5:8) Christian faith is based on the complete Word of God, including the Hebrew Scriptures, to which Jesus and the writers of the Christian Greek Scriptures frequently referred in support of their statements.

Faith is based on concrete evidence. The visible creative works testify to the existence of an invisible Creator. (Ro 1:20) The actual occurrences taking place during the ministry and earthly life of Jesus Christ identify him as the Son of God. (Mt 27:54)

God’s record of providing for his earthly creatures serves as a valid basis for believing that he will surely provide for his servants, and his record as a Giver and Restorer of life lends ample evidence to the credibility of the resurrection hope. (Mt 6:26, 30,*33; Ac 17:31; 1Co 15:3-8, 20,*21) Furthermore, the reliability of God’s Word and the accurate fulfillment of its prophecies instill confidence in the realization of all of His promises. (Jos 23:14) Thus, in these many ways, “faith follows the thing heard.”—Ro 10:17; compare Joh 4:7-30, 39-42; Ac 14:8-10. So faith is not credulity.

In the Hebrew Scriptures, the word ’a·man? and other words closely related convey the sense of trustworthiness, faithfulness, steadiness, steadfastness, being firmly established, long-lasting. (Ex 17:12; De 28:59; 1Sa 2:35; 2Sa 7:16; Ps 37:3) One related noun (’emeth?) usually denotes “truth,” but also “faithfulness” or “trustworthiness.” (2Ch 15:3)

To be acceptable to God, it is now necessary for one to exercise faith in Jesus Christ, and this makes possible a righteous standing with God. (Ga 2:16) Those lacking such faith are rejected by Jehovah.—Joh 3:36; compare Heb 11:6.

Faith is not the possession of all persons, as it is a fruit of God’s spirit. (2Th 3:2; Ga 5:22) And a Christian’s faith is not static, but it grows. (2Th 1:3) Hence, the request of Jesus’ disciples, “Give us more faith,” was very appropriate, and he did provide them the foundation for increased faith. He supplied them with greater evidence and understanding on which to base their faith.—Lu 17:5.

The entire life course of a Christian is actually governed by faith, enabling him to overcome mountainlike obstacles that would hinder his service to God. (2Co 5:7; Mt 21:21,*22) Additionally, there must be works consistent with and in display of faith, but works of the Mosaic Law are not required. (Jas 2:21-26; Ro 3:20) Trials can strengthen faith. Faith serves as a protective shield in the Christian’s spiritual warfare, helping him to overcome the Devil and be a conqueror of the world.—1Pe 1:6,*7; Eph 6:16; 1Pe 5:9; 1Jo 5:4.

But faith cannot be taken for granted, because lack of faith is ‘the sin that so easily entangles one.’ To maintain a firm faith requires putting up a hard fight for it, resisting men who could plunge one into immorality, combating the works of the flesh, avoiding the snare of materialism, shunning faith-destroying philosophies and traditions of men, and, above all, looking “intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus.”—Heb 12:1,*2; Jude 3,*4; Ga 5:19-21; 1Ti 6:9,*10; Col 2:8.

I don't know if I'd say "fairy tale". More like just myth and superstition with a little bit of hoax thrown in for good measure. I mean when an author writes an actual "fairy tale" they never really intend anyone to take it seriously.

Religion needs faith to function, faith is to believe in something without proof. If there was proof there would be no religion. Therefore if you want to believe in any religion do it with faith...

jesus christ and god are real

what the catholic church teaches is not the truth

god tells us it is true

are you going to believe something that you didn't saw with your own eyes?.
yes when it proves to be true

i was not there when people in ancient egypt wrote about their life style either
that does not mean i dismiss every thing they said as untrue

every thing in the universe shows god created it

Back