is it wrong to have faith in 2 religions?

nutsonyaface

Dec 16, 2010
thing is my moms budhist and my dads roman catholic but i grew up wiht my mom so technically i am budhist coz i was never baptized, but now i kinda have contact with my dads family and they kinda drag me to church every now and then and i really dont mid. in ways i believe in bot religions. is it wrong tho

If younpractice Tibetan Buddhism, it will be hard to reconcile the two religions. If you accept a zen Buddhism, your faiths can mingle quit well. Your spiritual experience will be more fulfilling if you concentrate on one.

You can't believe in heaven and reincarnation. You can take morals and ethics from another religion but you can't share the dogma of two religions, it makes no sense.

Well holy scripture says this:

Jam 1:8 A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways.

And so I would have to agree

It's only wrong if they contradict each other. If that's the case, you're a real idiot.

For f*cks sake, ignore "most" of the other answers. No, you can be buddhist and catholic if you find grace in each. No one's going to hell, all is fine. I've heard of "zen catholicism" recently, I suggest you take a gander or two at it.

And you're not an "idiot" if they contradict each-other.

well 1 says sin doesnt exist another does
1says reincarnation the other says heaven or hell

lots more differencesw but we all know they cant be all right... one is the truth..so ask the hard questions to the experts of both religions and learn

It's okay if you believe in series, but not in parallel. For instance you could believe in Judaism, Christianity, and Mormonism, no problem. But if you go for Buddhism and Scientology, not so much.

I agreed with "Kevin". What oparts do you believe about in both religions? Are you sure you're noto saying you believe both to please your parents?

Back