is it wrong for a guy to drive a classic VW Beetle ?

SalB

Nov 18, 2008
I'm 20 years old and I've been thinking about buying my first car.

I've seen all the Toyotas , Hondas , Hyundais , Mazdas , etc. The only car that has interested me in the old school Beetle.

Last night , I told my parents about me wanting a old beetle as my first car. And they both looked like they were going to laugh at me , but they didn't. They didn't have much to say after I told them. My dad seemed more interested in wanting me to buy a cheap Japanese car (A Honda or a Toyota).

I like the VW Beetle. I don't know why. There's something about it that I like. Maybe because it's a classic car. I happen to like classic cars. And the car is affordable ($4,000 - 8,000). And the car has a interesting history with it. No honda or toyota has a interesting story.

And the car is unique. The engine and everthing is in the back. The trunk is in the front. The new Beetles aren't like that.

I'm kind of afraid about buying one because I've been told that VW Beetles are "chick cars". The new ones maybe, but the old ones ? I heard the new Beetles come with a flower vase on the dash. Do the old ones ?

I've been worried about what people might think if I drove one. What would girls think ? Would they think I'm gay ?

Does anyone know a guy that drives a classic Beetle ? I've been giving this a lot of thought. I'm growing up. My life is full of choices. I just want to make the right choices.

Back