Is it normal that I don't really care about famous people ?

Ferros

May 25, 2013
People like famous actors , actresses or singers or even politicians . It's just that I've noticed many of my friends and many more in my age group seem to know a lot about them . As in like they know every little bit happening in their lives whereas I don't even know their names and couldn't care less . Now don't get me wrong ; I do like watching movies or listening to songs but I really don't see the point of going on about reading the biography of a singer or watching TV shows about which actor is dating which model or the dog of which actress gave birth to twin puppies.

Celebrities are like fungus. They thrive in our culture because of the opportune conditions that spawn ridiculous adulation from ignorant or desperate people (who do not have a life of their own). You show maturity by being unimpressed. I agree with you if you think it is all rubbish. Because it is. Who really cares to know what Donald Trump, Joan Rivers, Rihanna, that dude from Maroon 5, Oprah, Brad and Angelina, and the rest are doing? Or what they think about anything? The truth is that they are pawns in selling something to the public. And the more exposure they get the more successful the campaign to get sales up, whether it is movies, magazines, television (which is fueled by advertising), product endorsements etc. It is all a distraction from living a meaningful life. And it means not being here in the real world to find real happiness and fulfillment.

I dont know anything about famous people other then movies they played in and that some actresses are hot. Theres no point to knowing everything about them, Your nobody to famous people.

Back