Is it just me, or are Canadian airlines much better than American ones?

Superguy1221

Nov 22, 2009
I fly to Canada for business a lot, and I usually take United or Delta because they have cheaper first class and more frequent flight schedules.

This last trip, though, I wasn't picky, so I just booked on expedia. I ended up outbound on Westjet, and inbound on Continental (both economy). It really opened my eyes to the different standards they uphold.

Luggage: Westjet unloaded quickly. Continental charged me $25 to check 1 bag, and took 50 minutes to get the bags from the plane to the carrousel (the last bags came in after an hour!).

Entertainment: Westjet had free television and pay-per-view movies. Continental had better entertainment, but at a fee of $7.99 for a 3 hour flight (which I ended up paying because I couldn't fall asleep and had nothing else to do.

Seats: Westjet has leather. Continental has cloth.

Service: Westjet has 25 year-old females. Continental has 40-something overweight men.

Punctuality: Westjet on-time. Continental overbooks flight causing the flight to leave the gate 20 minutes later.

The only thing Continental excelled in was the food for purchase, which was actually decent.

So, do you also believe that Canadians do a better job? Why specifically do you think so?

Thanks.

Back