Is downloading music via torrents morally right?

LoversAreLunatics

Apr 30, 2013
I have never downloaded music illegally but pretty much everyone I know and their grandmother downloads music off the internet illegally and free.
I'm tempted but I feel like it's stealing and those who download it illegally try to say it's okay by morally justifying it.
What is your opinion?

I will buy music when I have the money, which is very scarce right now. To me, most of the music I download is rather obscure and isn't well known by most people. I also do not use torrents, because they are watched by the music industry. I think it is fine because music labels are greedy and power hungry, and so is the rest of the music industry. A few dollars lost will not kill them. Power to the customers, not the label!

I do it. Nobody has gotten hurt by me doing so. The band makes music, I listen to the music, if the music is good I become a fan and will buy their merch/attend their shows.

Record companies get the biggest slice of the pie from CD sales and digital downloads and they're just some company. Sure they help the artist release their music but they earn enough anyway. In the case of most mainstream music the labels are stinking rich already and the artist gets a small % only. Fuck them. I think that an artist nowadays needs to make money through live shows and merchandise.

I think it's fine. It's mostly the big greedy labels that lose the money anyways. I only buy music if I'm at a concert or it's a small independent artist. I also prefer rapidshare because more people are getting caught downloading from torrents and I don't want to be caught.

I think it's fine. It's mostly the big greedy labels that lose the money anyways. I only buy music if I'm at a concert or it's a small independent artist. I also prefer rapidshare because more people are getting caught downloading from torrents and I don't want to be caught.

Back