Is Aaron rogers the most overrated quarterback of the last 20 years?

Brendan

May 30, 2008
He has zero playoff wins and his best statistic year was against a lot of horrible teams. He's a good fantasy football player, but is he really that good?

I am going to get a bunch of thumbs downs. But i would say it is Mick Vick. He still turns the ball over to much. His last 6 games have been average and he doesnt have the best playoff record himself.

I just do not see why he is overrated. He has one of the highest passer ratings ever for the position. He has not had many opportunities in the playoffs. Last year, they did not lose because of Rodgers, that is for sure. He threw for over 350 yards and a bunch of TDs. He has helped rebuild the Packers quite quickly after Favre left, which in itself is very impressive. He is a top 5 QB playing right now. Maybe top 8 but that is as low as he gets.

The most overrated QB's i can think of are Farve, Worthlessberger, McNabb, and Flacco

not even close. this guy has won many tough games and has gotten green bay into the playoffs.

most over rated QB: vinny testaverde. 21 years in the league. only 4 winning seasons. lead the league in interceptions 4 times. never anywhere close to a superbowl. yet he was the #1 pick in the 1987 draft. and he was coaxed out of retirement several times to be the supposed savior for many teams.

no! he missed the playoffs once in his 3 years, and not only did he only lose by a score, it was in overtime on a BS call, he did more than anyone ever expected, hes no were near over rated

Not at all he is a fantastic player. He's very athletic and has an accurate arm as well as a strong one. He's only played for three years you cant expect playoffs in that short a time it comes down to the team too. Most over-rated I'd have to go with Philip Rivers. He's been in it for a while now and his team rarely shows success and chokes way to often

Best QBs in football:

1. Brady

2. Manning

3. Rodgers

guess whos the youngest of the three? Rodgers

he has a huge future ahead of him

Nope. Rodgers is one of the best in the league right now, behind Manning and Brady. I'd say Baby Manning is one of the most overrated though. We've all seen the Helmet Catch. He's just lucky to play with a team that has good defense and RB's.

20 years? that's a dumb statement. Look at all the busts their have been at the QB position in the last twenty years.

Calling Rodgers 'overrated' is a total joke. He has been brilliant, easily one of the top five quarterbacks over the past three years, with a fairly weak supporting cast. If the Packers for some reason decide to dump him, I would be delighted if the Niners got him. Judging him on playoff wins shows a complete lack of football knowledge.

All 3 seasons have been a fluke?

2008 4038 Yards 28 TD 13 INT 93.8 Rating
2009 4434 30 TD 7 INT 103.2 Rating
2010 3922 yards 28 TD 11 INT 101.2 Rating

He's the only QB in NFL history to throw for 4000+ yards his first 2 seasons as a starter, and the playoff wins is a joke. He put up 45 points in his only playoff game.

Unless your a Patriots or Colts fan, i'm sure you'd take Rodgers over whoever your team has. He's a damn good Quarterback.

probably joe flacco, tony romo or rex grossman . they both werent the real reson for their team's success and they were reasons for their teams to lose. someone said roethlisberger, and i disagree because he has won 2 superbowls and he saved the steelers chances after future hall of famer jerome bettis almost blew it against the colts. if it werent for the tackle by ben, the steelers would have 5 superbowl wins. aaron rodgers is good, he amasses great stats and last year he lost in the playoffs scoring like 45 points but his oline sucked.

dude your crazy he throws with the best accuracy and has one of the biggest arms in football...and hes smart with the ball

The Packers will be set at QB for the next decade, Rogers has a great future around him.

"No, that would be Tom Brady. With that guy's support staff, i could win super bowls."

Actually, that support staff won Super Bowls because they had Brady, not the other way around. Rogers has the talent to do the same.

yes, his stats in the regular season have nothing to do with his performance in the post season. it is not always him that blows the playoff games either.

Back