Interpret a Dream about my fears?

Slingshot777

Dec 22, 2011
I've got a fear of flying in a plane as well as heights in general which I guess means fear of falling. I got over my fear of flying 5 or 6 years back then had a panic attack type deal on a flight a few years ago and haven't been on a plane since. But my fear of heights has stayed about the same.. maybe gotten a little better. I had a dream last night that went something like this:

I go to an airport by myself, I'm anxious, but I board a flight and it takes off etc. The whole way I'm very nervous but I make it through the flight without freaking out etc. I manage to keep it together. Then I find a large mountain in front of me and there's a house or building I'm supposed to be staying at along with my friends and family so it's kinda like a trip/vacation we're on. I can't see the house I'm supposed to be staying at on this trip but I know it's somewhere on this mountain. I start walking up a not very steep but very long path while looking straight down in front of me so I don't see how high I'm getting even though each step is tougher than the last because I know in my dream i keep getting higher and my anxiety is building. Then I reach this building house type thing after walking up the path way up high, the people with me are fine and calm and normal etc then I look up and see how high up I am and the anxiety really gets close to bursting where I'd really begin to panic and I wake up.

Does this have any profound meaning or was this just my subconscious fears manifesting itself in a simple nightmare haha any ideas?

Back