Infiniti G35 or BMW 335i?

MasonWoodall

Jun 7, 2013
I recently just had my 2008 Infiniti G35 totaled from a flood. Horrifying, I know -- beautiful car.

I am currently in the looks for a new one; My two options are another 2008 G35 which I loved and a 2007 BMW 335i with the all so famous twin turbo.

Things I care about - appearance, speed, control, repair cost, oil change cost, and of course -- resale value in ten years.

There are the little things about the BMW that pull me in. The AUX option -- BMW has an AUX cord input, where so does Infiniti but with Infiniti it can only be an iPhone. I'd like it where anyone in my car can use it, all though I do own an iPhone so that's what matters most.. is what I have I assume.

Now -- without being biased at all please, which would you choose and why? Talk about interior, exterior, and overall performance.

Thanks,
Mason.
@Angelo -- I am a 19 year old white boy... not a 25 year old drug dealer. These are my options.
@NoFrills - It has 300HP and 300 torque, infiniti has 306HP and 268 torque.
@Joe - If I had the money for an Audi R8, trust me... I'd go buy one.

Ok here is the comparison.
I don't think that only looking at aux ports is a good idea lol.

G35:
Pro:
Looks nice, rwd, good power, 350z based engine, cheap to fix, very cheap to maintain.
Con:
Interior is copied straight from an altima, just plain leather with a few stichings in the middle.
Everyone has a G35 nowadays, they are like the RSX's now. Its the cheaper alternative to a Z.

BMW:
Pros:
Better looking, sportier, better power, better interior (seats are extremely comfy with like 10 different settings) and then you have all the BMW standards, dual climate and etc.
ITS A BMW!!!
Twin Turbo goodness.
it comes with a WOW factor, its a Bmw. I mean it's going to be more popular than a g35 (nissan).
It is a model down from the e92 m3.
Performs very close to the m3, looks almost like it too lol
I believe it has 350 hp.

Cons:
You might run into some higher maintenance costs along the way, not like the car would break down or something but I mean oil changes, filter changes etc. But you should re-confirm with your dealer or mechanic. Because they vary from place to place.
There were some issues with the flappy paddle gearbxes for the auto-transmission but they were very few, less than 1%.

Lastly, You already have owned a g35. Its time to try the new beast :D

Let me know what you end up getting.

Back