indie rock/alt/ or even something harder to make me feel better about myself?

appelz77

Jan 17, 2012
Im looking for songs that make you feel like everythings alright, that your not a horrible person, and that its okay and stuff. with genres like indie rock, alternative, and/or even some stuff with screaming in it (if it does have screaming I dont really want it to sound like every other post hardcore song)

Listen to Radiohead's Ok Computer album. It's been called "perfect music to slit your wrists to" ;)

You're not Alone - Saosin
Hold On - Abandon
So Far Away - House of Heroes
Pushover - Manafest
Don't You Know You're Beautiful - Seabird
The Unwinding Cable Car - Anberlin
Meant to Live - Switchfoot
Stitches - Haste the Day
Dear X - Disciple
Mess of Me - Switchfoot
Alive - POD

I don't know how well i'm going to be able to answer this question.

BUT

'The cave singers' and 'Foals' never fail to make me feel great. "No Witch" and "Holy Fire" are both incredible albums.
Also, this is suuper chill but Ben Howard's album "Every Kingdom" (if you just want to sit back, listen and relax) will smooth any unsettled soul and create such a sense of well-being.

And if none of that works, "The Radio Dept." will make your brain tingle and "The Real Mad Decent" is a fun young grunge rock band.

I have no idea if any of this is your style but they always work for me. Hope things turn up.

p.s. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrjl2joD6A1qzi09a.gif

The road to devostation - kataklysm
Not unlike the waves - agalloch
Bubble butt - m.o.d (for sh#ts and giggles)
Maybe some eternal years of sorrow
Some opeth, like the songs dirge for November; bleak; in the mist she was standing

The road to devostation - kataklysm
Not unlike the waves - agalloch
Bubble butt - m.o.d (for sh#ts and giggles)
Maybe some eternal years of sorrow
Some opeth, like the songs dirge for November; bleak; in the mist she was standing

Back