In-Dash Hard Drive Audio for Car?

rhopkins13

Nov 6, 2010
I want to replace the stereo in my car. There aren't any good radio stations in my area, and I don't like burning and changing CDs every couple of days or having to plug in my mp3 player every time I get in the car. I want a stereo with an internal hard drive that I can just throw all of my MP3s on. I don't want something with an external usb port that I have to connect a hard drive to - cables everywhere is unsightly. It would be great if this could connect to my WiFi when I'm at home, making it easy to add and remove MP3s. Now I know this might sound like some new futuristic technology to some of y'all, but it used to exist! A company called PhatNoise used to manufacture what was called the PhatBox, and another company called Omnifi used to manufacture the DMP1. Either of these devices would fit my request fine, except neither of them are still in production, and from what I can tell their respective companies aren't manufacturing a replacement product. Does anybody here know what is the modern "PhatBox" or "Omnifi"?

Back