I'm unsure whether I should go meet a girl I met through the internet?

McDoom1

Jan 30, 2009
Here's the dilema. I've been talking to this girl for about 5 months (That's not including a month hiatus), There's possibly something there, at least for me. I've been getting a lot of mixed signals. One day, we'll talk all day while i'm studying via instant messanger, and occasional voice chat, and will continue to do so for a few days, and then we'll go a week+ without any contact.
Now I know the best way to gauge this, is in person, and I had planned on visiting her. However, now i'm getting second thoughts, not because I am uninterested though. It's mostly that I feel she may be uninterested. Like i said, we've gone as long as a month without a word to each other. Right now we're at about the 2 week mark. Now prior to this, she would send me photos of herself, and we'd share private information with each other. She shares her private life issues with me, and I give her advice based on the situation. Other things as well. Honestly, she seems like a perfect match for me, which is why this kind of sucks.
I'm considering cutting off all contact with her, just so I can get over this missed possibility, plus Its easier so I don't get hung up on her. Is this the right call?
I'm just looking for other opinions on the situation. Women can be tricky creatures, and I wouldn't want to push her away if i'm just being stupid.
Thanks in advance.

Back