if we had the ability to travel to other soular systems(would every one

I dont think every one would leave earth - I know I wouldnt for one because I am happy on earth.

Think of it this way - you aleady have the ability to live in another city (a quiet one or a noisy one). Does that mean everyone will leave their current city??? No.

When that ability becomes possible, then I'll think about it.(and don't bother thinking about cause mankind would be long extinct before he could achieve it)

You cannot enter other planets in other solar system without a valid interstellar passport and a visa.
I think that will be the way things will be run, as the first country to colonize it will be imposing those rules.

no not everyone. there are many resources that are still lucrative, and even if "mining" corps decided to leave for better profits.......

I _guarantee_ some naturalists, religious and luddite societies would demand to remain. I don't mean this in a negative way thought.

(mike g and the other are good examples that's 22%
and that's about 100 billion people left on earth.
while about 500 billion of them go out into space)

the more power to them, but I am still concerned they will be over thrown by the greedy corporate miners here on earth

earth is suffering an over population problem. space is a great place to place the overfill. this doesn't mean everyone gets off the planet, just that the extra people find extra places to go (or infect)

while earth and its inhabitants remain and deteriorate.

What, all six billion of us? Might take a while.

And I don't know why you think a new, developing planet would be quiet. If a mass exodus to a number of planets at the same time were possible, maybe frontier planets wouldl be like the old West for a while, or Industrial Revolution Europe.

Even if we could travel to other solar systems it does not mean that the planets in that system have Oxygen AND water and good ozone layer and soil, etc.........
Also if all this IS found i think SOME country will claim it for its own or something and most probably it will become a war zone or a stalemate will be created by the UNO by which no country can cease it and they will try to balance the population in both the planets.

So, practically speaking, IF a planet like that IS found, then a few people will be forced to go and few forced to stay, even if the want to go or vice versa.
We dont have much say in the matter.....I hate this system...

I don't know about anyone else, but if we could Id be gone! Thats what I been praying for for 40 years now! I am pretty sure I will join all my predecessors here in the good ol' terra firma of planet Earth, but not by choice.

If everyone had to choose, I would choose to live with minority.
:3 Better that way.
It would be a good deal though, best it be we split, no use in having all eggs in one basket (2012 joke)

Back