If I am born in a home without religion, how do I know what path to take?

Lei

Aug 30, 2008
If I am am brought up without being taught one way or another, but I feel something missing in my life, and I wish to preserve my soul for all that I can...

There are so many religions out there. And some of them differ greatly. Some of them are exactly the same, but the words are just different.

For those that align themselves to one of these sets of teachings/beliefs, do you truly believe that those words are inherently superior to the words of another?

Those that follow Christ, for example, often tell you only that Christ is the answer. They speak words, literature, that seem like they mean something but often they just are repeated within the much simpler teachings and only get in the way of the ultimatum. Once you have Christ in your heart, then you have eternal life. The same can be said about several others, of course.

But as a bystander, all religions have some merit, but not a single one has an overwhelming superiority to the other. How can one be the truth if I am not simply compelled to follow it? How do I know I will not choose the wrong one?

But let's say, on a similar note, that I was brought up a Muslim. And throughout my life, I lived my life more or less within the tenants of both Christianity and Islam. Essentially, I was a good example of what Jesus hoped to see in a person. But I had been taught God by a different name, and I had been taught the importance of Muhammad. Now of course, I have never been exposed to Christ, so it is not even a matter of free will on my part. But I have wished and tried to be as virtuous as I can. Is that not enough?

Is that something that God would forgive? Is that even something that even needs to be forgiven? Is non-belief a sin? Or are sins sins.

I would be grateful to receive answers from members of all cults/groups. Feel free to change the words around to best suit yourself.

You do research and study.

I came to the conclusion that Islam is the truth after doing the above.

Good luck.

Using logic, common sense and critical thinking skills, you will realize that religion provides no essential answers.

If someone tells you only Christ is the answer then ask yourself if ONLY Christ saves then what happend to all those people who were born before him. It means he was lying. Now you got your answer.

Back