I won a trip to the bahamas including a cruise, and hotel stay for 5 days/4...

efrat

Apr 15, 2013
...nights is it a SCAM? the person i spoke to told me they are from trip vista, and i did enter a raffle earlier to win that, and i was chosen supposedly. i want to know if this is a scam, or if its for real? if anyone knows anything about this, then please let me know. thank you!
i do have to pay, 69 each way, but thats it, and the the hotel is for free...but i have to pay 69 first before i get my ticket.

Everyone who enters the raffle wins

At best it's a ploy to sell you a very much more expensive holiday or, at worst a SCAM

I think it's a scam. I twice received phone calls from two different numbers (once in 2009 and one in 2011) where the caller tells me that my phone number won the first prize which is a car and if i don't want to take the car, i can take the price of the car instead. They told me they chose the number randomly from their computer records and put my number in a lottery and that's how I won it. I knew it was a spam as the call was made from ordinary cell phone. If it was done from the operator, than it would have been different number.

If you really WON you cannot be asked to pay for anything to redeem your prize. Read the FTC website
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0199-prize-offers
"A Dozen Ways to Protect Yourself

The next time you get a "personal" letter or telephone call telling you "it’s your lucky day," the Federal Trade Commission encourages you to remember that:

1. Legitimate sweepstakes don’t require you to pay or buy something to enter or improve your chances of winning, or to pay "taxes" or "shipping and handling charges" to get your prize. If you have to pay to receive your "prize," it’s not a prize at all."

So as long as you don't have to pay a penny to get the prize you won, then how could it be a scam?

Back