i want to do volunteer work in cambodia but don't have the funding. is...

Epic

Jun 9, 2008
...there any way to get a travel grant? i'm an american that lives in japan so i don't know which country to look at a grant in or what exactly to look for.

Well, you can always hit the US embassy and inquire about the Peace Corps. I'm not sure which countries they serve now, but you can be either a volunteer or an employee. They have a five year rule limiting your service, but it would be a wonderful experience.

Shouldn't be hard to find a US embassy in Japan at all, either. I found a Norwegian embassy in California and got assistance from them once many years ago and there isn't exactly a line of Norwegian nationals hanging out near the US military bases, unlike American citizens/nationals and Japanese and Okinawan bases. If the KoN is keeping a protective eye on those of us in the US, I'm sure the US is keeping a protective eye on those of you in Japan. They'd also be thrilled to hear from you and your interest in serving your homeland, I'm sure.

Well, you can always hit the US embassy and inquire about the Peace Corps. I'm not sure which countries they serve now, but you can be either a volunteer or an employee. They have a five year rule limiting your service, but it would be a wonderful experience.

Shouldn't be hard to find a US embassy in Japan at all, either. I found a Norwegian embassy in California and got assistance from them once many years ago and there isn't exactly a line of Norwegian nationals hanging out near the US military bases, unlike American citizens/nationals and Japanese and Okinawan bases. If the KoN is keeping a protective eye on those of us in the US, I'm sure the US is keeping a protective eye on those of you in Japan. They'd also be thrilled to hear from you and your interest in serving your homeland, I'm sure.

Back