I uninstalled DivX, BUT, my movies won't play now.?

JohnC

May 12, 2008
It changed the file format to avi, for existing movies, and ones I import from my camera. The movies on my flash drive of course were saved from it. I put one movie through my windows movie maker to see if I could change the format and I could, but the first choice it gave me was that avi. I had to manually select another. I couldn't play the movie anyway. I thought DivX was just a little helpful play quality thing, not some huge awful virus like controller that automatically changes your preferences & stuff. How do I stop my movie importation from going into avi, and generally rid my computer of that option. Can my existing movies be changed back to my old wmv format file too? I just got ccleaner, cause I read a few minutes ago here that it helps.
I don't want to play them in avi. I want to change them back to wmv, and make it so my importation of movies from my camera will happen in wmv again. That second one is the most important. Where do I look to change import settings? Thank you! ;p

Back