I need some Critisizm, advice, and all that good stuff. What do you think about this?

Susane1

Mar 21, 2009
Im writing a book, and i've recently started on this project. Im only posting two chapters(the first, and a little of the 7th or 8th, I have yet to decide), and I would appreciate if anyone tells me what they like, what they don't like, etc, etc. Critize this, please. If you don't like this, then tell me WHY. Anyway, im only in the 8th grade, so my writing skills has its limit(including my imagination ;l) , and im not exactly a 'pro.' There are probably a few mistakes, well - most likely a few mistakes..
Anywhoo, here we go...

Chapter 1(or, im still yet to decide, the proglouge, which then the 1st chapter will just start on when she gets to the school)
Info: This Chapter talks about the Professor of a magical school, comes to take Angelica away. Angelica always thought she was human, and lived a human life. She hates anything that has to do with magic and fantasy(until she realizes what she hates is also apart of reality). I think you can catch up on whats going on...There is more, but I don't want to put absolutely everything.

It began. My new life, new school, new friends, new everything. It was revealed on my Seventeenth birthday that I was not human; but something else. Not a warlock, not a fairie, not even a mermaid, nor witch. In fact, the professor that came unexpectedly to my home that night had told me I belonged in their school, Mortifer High, yet she couldn’t tell what I was.
She kneeled in front of me for a moment, and then stood up, staring at me with her almost too-cold-like eyes. Her mouth, face, skin, was pale. Her eyelids were almost translucent; in fact, I could almost see the green her eyes held. They were such a vicious green that even seemed like she had red flames horizontally on them. The professor’s nails were long and sharp at the tips, and she slowly caressed my cheek. Her hand and fingers were icy cold; I only wanted so much but to move one step away, yet was too horrified by the look in her eyes that almost said “Stay still.” My mother and father stood by the door, holding hands, watching nervously. Did they expect this? Was this a secret they held for seventeen years? Or were they as surprised, and horrified as I was? At this point, I didn’t know if I should ask or keep my mouth shut as it’s always been. The professor looked up and down at me, then slowly moved towards the fireplace. It cackled louder and louder as she moved towards it. Her long, black and green robe rose for a moment as she walked, and floated in the air for a few seconds when she stopped. She seemed powerful enough to control us with a quick snap. When she spoke, the words almost echoed in the air. “Your name is Angelica, am I not correct?” I gulped and looked at my parents, who seemed taken aback by the professor’s voice. They looked at me, and our eyes met, and my mother nodded. I looked back at the professor, having to see her looking straight at me, our eyes meeting as well. “Y-yes, your correct, ma’am,” I stuttered. How weird. I never stuttered, but I guess this was the perfect time to start that habit. The professor’s mouth twitched at the side, looking as if she were going to smile, but was failing. “Well then, Angelica, I’m pleased to meet you. It seems I haven’t told you my name yet, I apologize. My name is Madam Jaire’, which is what you must call and only call me from now on, understood?” She said, taking a step towards me. I nodded quickly, and almost took a step back myself. Madam Jaire’ continued. “You’ve been accepted to Mortifer High; one of the best schools in my world. It is where you must attend, no exceptions.” No exceptions? MUST attend? What was this, a military camp? A choice would have been nice! “Doesn’t she have a choice?” Asked my mother, as if she could read my mind. I noticed she was standing next to me, and I wondered where my father was. He wasn’t in the room anymore. Maybe he left, that lucky bastard. Madam Jaire’ chuckled for a minute, then held a steady gaze with my mom. She shook her head and said, “A choice? Of course not! Your daughter may not remain in the human world, or else she will die or turn into a monster in just a few days. Do you want your daughter to be in either of these situations, Mrs. Glen?” My mother’s eyes widened, as so did mine. Die? Become a monster? How was that even possible? “O-Of course not. But why must my daughter attend your school?” My mother asked, also stuttering, which was odd for her too. “Angelica is not human,” explained the professor. “She is nor warlock, witch, vampire, or werewolf, but something unique that I have yet to figure out. I can sense the magic in her, though, it’s quite obvious. Anyone, of whom I think is magical in some sort of way, may not stay in the human world, or anywhere that isn’t where I’m from. She must come with me, and immediately.” I held my breath, hoping to wake up from this horrible nightmare. The human world is where I belonged, where I’m from. Where all my friends are, where I’ve lived my entire da

Back