I have Tek Savvy Internet Cable & my speeds are being Throttled by Rogers...

HannsG

Feb 3, 2011
...2011. What can i Do? I had rogers be? The plan I have with Tek Savvy is similar to that of rogers download speed wise....only major difference is i can download 300gb vs rogers 60gb.

But i notice all the time that the internet will go slow unless i reset the modem......then in an hour or 2 it will crawl to like 1.75 mb download speed off of speed test.

i have the Thomson DCM475 modem.

I had rogers before off all the same lines and everything was fine as their customer.
The rogers guy that hooked it up that Tek Savvy sends out when you first become a customer said the internet wasn't working, and actually said if it doesn't work out with them come back to us.

So after he left we turned the modem back on...........and the internet worked FINE! That was a couple months ago...........THE ONLY PROBLEM IS.............the speeds are being throttled.

WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS? a customer service agent told me there were places i could go & that i am being throttle by rogers. But the stuff they told me to do didn't work well for long.

So now basically my options are .............go back to Rogers with not enough download cap or put up with this. Thats it. + now if i leave Tek Savvy i am out the $100 i paid for the modem.
In the end it's Rogers fault.........to my understanding they are the ones causing the problem.

But what do i do about it.

Back