i have bad engine whine with my new amp. i installed 2 ground loop isolators but

Weston

Sep 2, 2008
i still have a whine.? does it matter that they are not the same brand. they did not have 2 of the same brand. do they need to be the same?
yeah they are running down opposite sides. also the pitch changes as the rpms change so i know its engine whine. the gain was professionally tuned so i dont think thats it. i also played bass for 6 years so i know how to set that right.
i dont think quality is an issue. there street wire or whatever there called that crutchfield.com uses. my friend has them with no troubles
everything but the ground loop isolators were installed by a pro

The best thing I can suggest, make sure that your power wire and RCA are running down different sides of the car. Make sure that they don't overlap too much in the boot, don't allow the power wire to wrap around the RCA's at all. Basically keep the power wire and RCA's as far away from each other as possible. Also, try turning down your gains, they might be too high. Then you shouldn't need a ground loop isolator.
Another thing I guess you could do is ground everything to the one point, then you won't have any ground loops :).

Hope that helps.

Back