I have a BMW 5 2000 sedan and it has said 'add coolant' twice in 4 days?

linny

Jun 28, 2008
I added anti freeze/coolant on Sunday and today it asked for it again...

I am in a cold Winter in the Australian Mountains - where does the Coolant go? Is this because of expansion due to freezing overnight - or is it a leak?

I would love some advise.

"I would love some advise?" Is there no better person for advise on cars mechanical issues than a trained, certified and experienced auto technician? By the way, vehicles are described by year, make, model, engine, transmission of the vehicle. In your case, a 2000 BMW 5, sedan. Fair enough? Now, knowledge of what is going on in your car should be based on specific situations going on with your car. Only a technician shall know when he or she puts eyes on the car and finds out what is wrong. The coolant system can be Goggle and it shall be described, in detail, as to the components. Coolant systems do ENORMOUS amounts of work transferring heat from the engine block to the atmosphere. HUGE amounts of work as the internal combustion, needed to produce power, is in the order of 2,000 degrees F plus. No matter if it is freezing or not. I cannot guess. No one should guess. Just take the car to an automotive repair shop for proper repairs. OK? Do not drive it this way. IT SHALL OVERHEAT AND RUIN THE ENGINE. It is also possible that other components may also be damaged in the long term. Best of luck with the repairs.

Back