I have a 98 honda accord with check engine light p1457?

knight_9284

Oct 3, 2010
i have a 98 honda accord with check engine light p1457 regarding an evap leak. i went to the dealer and they did an electical check , checked the sensors and did a smoke test. they told me all the sensors worked fine and electrical check was good and did not see any smoke when they did the smoke check.

then they told me they wanted me to change the canister, Purge Solenoid Valve ,2 way valve bypass solenoid valve and and shut off valve. which i did it cost me over 800 dollars labor and parts included

after it was all done they come to me and tell me that my ecm is not getting communciation with the bypass solenoid valve and i need to replace the ecm and it would cost 1200 dollars. they took me to the car and showed me that their was supposed to be a double knock on the bypass solenoid so it can get a signal to the ecm

did honda dealership do their job right regarding this problem and should i buy an aftermarket ecm to fix this problem they tell me... please give me answers and suggestions

Back