I got a Telus phone, and it came with a 20 dollar balance now it's gone?

TallTmck

Dec 28, 2011
So I browsed online somewhat; Google, Youtube, etc. Testing out new features. Online on my Telus, it said that my balance was $20. It came with my phone, when I bought it (I'm also on pre-paid). But when I tried to make a call, my balance was $0 and my transaction usage/data history shows "Data Usage" and has been deducting money from my account. I was using my internet, as I set it that way.

What is this "Data Usage" and why is my money gone? I'm starting to think that maybe I should have stayed with my old phone.

Thank you.

Data - is mobile internet that allows you to access the internet on your portable devices such as smartphones & tablets.

Therefore you have used data by doing your online browsing and I am guessing you didn't have a data add feature on active on your phone therefore you paid by the mb for your usage. Now this is why you have a zero dollar balance on your phone.

Now how you can fix this so it will not happen again is you can purchase a prepaid data add on for your phone or simply just use wifi. For more information go to the telus site or your local store and talk to them about what options you have to get data for your phone. FYI look add the add on features and possible the rate plans.

Back