I dropped my iPhone and now my home button won't work?

i was in the same boat. wouldn't recognize the usb input either so it wouldn't charge or sync. tried the dropping thing but it didn't work for me. so i just gently pressed my phone together in case anything was out of place on the inside.
worked like a charm. try pressing with your thumbs around the home button/charger area (kind of like you're pressing together a sandwich) did the same for the lock button up top. works perfectly now :clap2::clap2:

Dude, my home button wouldnt work after i dropped my phone in water.... everything else works perfectly fine.... Dried out the phone in rice and it still didnt work...

I read this post, dropped the phone from about 2 feet (on carpet)... and now the home button works

Absolutely amazing....I had the same problem so I dropped the phone from about two feet on a carpeted concrete floor....shazam it works now...thanks!

LMAO! I was skeptical, but the actually worked. I dropped it about 10 inches on the kitchen table on it bottom edge, the phone facing me. Did it just once.

beware i dropped my phone, home button broke so i thought mayb i could knock it back in to place an hit it (not even that hard) on my knee and now i have a smashed screen also. not a fun day :(

I also had this problem, I ended up taking the screen off and that didnt seem to work until i gave up and stuck the screen back in and now it works like a charm.

try this BEFORE you controlled drop your phone.

you need: very small phillips screwdriver,
paperclip,
and small flathead or other small prying tool

take the 2 screws on the bottom out and the sim card thing, then pry the screen in between the chrome and the screen and it should come out... play around a bit in there press the back of your home button and stick it all back together and hope for the best.....

I dropped my phone today in my hair salon on hard wood floors and got a HUGE crack in my screen and my home button wasn't working. I tried dropping it and it didn't work so I turned my phone off, on again and dropped it on my table again and it worked! YOU GUYS ARE MY NEW BEST FRIENDS, SERIOUSLY. now all I need to do is get my screen fixed! THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

i heard about miracles. Reading the post i just made one. I was really scared of dropping my iphone but then i just gave it a try and IT WORKED !!!! THANKS A LOT PPL

haha omg at first i thought it was stupid, like seriously drop it again :/ but then i was like my phones already fucked up enough so its worth a try. after seeing everyone positive comments i decided to go to my room and drop it. i gotta admit i was scared to do it on tiles so i tried on carpet it didnt work on my first two tries but then i stood on my bed for a higher distance and bam! its genieus it actually works!! lol!

Totally worked

I dropped my iPhone on a hard wood floor and my home button stopped working. Then I read the comment where you drop it again and I dropped it again and it works PERFECTLY!!!

Thanks so much!

I'm 100% positive all of you are bullshitting about dropping it again.

Dropped my phone on ceramic floor and home button stopped working. Read this post and tried it and it worked!!!!! Thank you so much!!!

I accidentaly dropped my dads phone i dropped it 6 times nothing worked any suggestions?,

craziness

my home button stopped working after slight water damage & i read these posts thinking yall were crazy but i had nothing to lose - so - (after putting my otterbox on the phone) i dropped it from about 3 feet onto my tile kitchen floor. took a couple times but now the button works again! so awesome. thanks!!

It's January 9th, 2013. I got my wife an iPhone 5 for Christmas. She call's me from our home phone while I am on the train ride home. She dropped her phone and now the home button doesn't work. I pulled out my phone and hit the web looking for a low-cost solution. I came across this site. I was skeptical. When I got home I dropped her phone from about 1 foot onto a towel laid on out kitchen table. Nothing. I tried several different drop angles but nothing brought the home button back.

After dinner, I was prepared to take the iPhone back to ATT and take my lumps, get directed to an Apple store and see whether they could re-activate her 3gs while the repairs took place. Out of desparation, I dropped the iPhone again, this time from waist high onto a rug over a hardwood floor - twice. Once face down, once back down.

After the second drop, I picked up the iPhone and the home button was BACK! Whoever you are that suggested this, you are my hero. Thanks, thanks and thanks again.

Back