I am trying to find a recipe for vanilla cream pie from Better Homes and Gardens...?

Adria

Jan 1, 2009
It had a couple of variations on the same page and it called for corn starch not flour. I would greatly appreciate the help!!!! Can you help me????

3 c. milk or can use skim milk
2/3 c. sugar or 1/3 c. sugar & sugar substitute equivalent for 1/3 c. sugar, suitable for baking
1/4 c. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
4 egg yolks, beaten
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 (9") baked pie shell or a graham cracker crust
In saucepan combine milk, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Mix until smooth. Turn the heat onto medium high, stir constantly, until the mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute. Add 1/2 of the mixture to the beaten egg yolks. Stir well. Add to remaining mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla. Pour into the pastry or graham cracker shell. Chill. Top with whipped topping, if desired.
Variations: Banana Cream Pie: Slice 2 bananas and place on the bottom of shell. Cool the filling before pouring into the shell.

Coconut Cream Pie: Stir 1 cup of flaked coconut into the filling before putting into the pie shell. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.

Back