I am losing my sister to her religion...?

Anna

May 13, 2008
First off my sister is not my biological sister, I adopted her as my sister since I met her through home -schooling. Her family has done the same for me since my father (my only real parent) passed away in 2008. My sister is Islamic, and I am more then accepting of this.

When she was younger, she would hide secrets from her family. Caring for her as I, have I held her secrets and tried to give her the advice she should have gotten from her parents... But lets say it this way -she’s a bit "air-headed". She’s more then intellectually sound- But she Neglects her responsibilities/obligations. Recently at the beginning of this year she went to college far away from me, I haven’t been able to help her with anything. I am worried for her and frustrated, as she will not seek help from me or her parents or a doctor.

She isn’t physically well and has had some serious health concerns from me and her parents. The day she promised to let me take her to the doctor she didn’t answer her phone... she’s ignored me for 2 weeks . She will not listen to her mom. I cannot make the drive up there if she is going to refuse help from me. However, it’s not just that. Since she left her parents for school she has gotten-- heavily "religious" (although I have considered this strongly) she asked me to convert to Islam. [I cannot make a decision such as that for any person, only for myself.] Nevertheless, regardless of that it seemed like that was the only way we would stay friends. Its making me feel like she is pushing me away from not being Islamic… I do not need GOD for my obligations in life. I do good for the sake of others NOT to get into heaven. But she's changed... And now I cannot reach her. She is not taking care of herself. She’s pushing me away and I don’t know what to do to HELP her. I don’t want something to bad happen to her. I got to see my father turn blue… I’ll be lost of I lose her too.

I was going to write her a letter... and hope it gets through to her. What should I include to express how much her life and they way she chooses to live it is affecting others around her?
She isnt studing islam in college.

Shes not taking care of herself- She has very bad asthma and other problems of major concern. Shes pushing me away and her family. Shes been with out her inhaler for more then 1 month. She takes medication for her asthma but her inhaler is if she has had a panic attack. FOR goodness sake she hasn't been eating either, and collapsed about 4 days ago.

Is it right to push someone away because they are NOT of the same religion? NO.

MY CAUSE IS TO GET HER TO SEE A DOCTOR AND GET HER MEDICATION FILLED!
DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT HER PARENTS HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HER AS WELL AND THEY ARE ISLAMIC?

I haven't seen her for 6months. Nor have I gotten ahold of her for the last 3 months.
All the updated news I have from her is from her worried mom. The day she Promised to go to the doctor with me was 2weeks ago. its been planned for 3 months now.

I have been her sister for 10 years she shouldn't do this to me.

Should i just let her die? Should I not care what happens to her? NO then I'm no better then the person who randomly meets her and doesn't care whether SHE LIVES OR DIES.

People who follow Islam are called Muslims, not Islamic. And those who don't want your help sometimes just don't want your help. Learn to accept boundaries.

I'm sorry but this does not sound like a brother/sister relationship. Sounds like a husband/wife relationship.
She is just your sister not your wife or even your daughter she can do what she wants let her be free to enjoy her own life.

She probably feels like you are breathing down her neck and needs lots of space from you.

Back