i am looking for a bff, 1 that can hike, thats good with tracking, great with kids.?

gizmo

Jun 21, 2008
Either a shepard or a doberman. Shepards can run but are prone to arthritis in their hips. The doberman can also run, but they have a short coat and can get cut running through the woods. Both dogs can protect your family, and have tracking potential. Hope this helps.

im looking at dobermans, american bulldog, germansheps, and boxer's. I have a 15yr old that's on the high school track team, so running is important for her, im looking for a fishing buddy and out door pal, 1 that can track and protect. its high 70's to low 80's at night here and 30's in the winter.

I've owned two great tracking/companion dogs in my life: The first was a male Doberman Pincher - Dark red, highly intelligent, and whom I loved. (He wouldn't even eat unless I was there to feed him!)

The other was a female Pit Bulldog who was equally devoted to me and had an absolutely terrific nose! She was, also, very bright and would have died for me, on command, without so much as a moment's hesitation.

Either dog could track across anything except water and never lost a quarry; in fact my APBT won a search and rescue competition I once entered her in. (In all honesty, I spent a lot of hours training the both of them; but, it wasn't hard and they learned fast.)

What's the outside ambient temperature got to do with anything? Is this going to be a backyard, 'chain dog'? If you genuinely value the animal, don't do that. (Besides, you'll sleep better at night with the dog at the foot of the bed.)

Im 14 and have a white boxer i love that dog but the dog would have to go in at nigh being in the 30's im in sc and 1 day in december it was 80 degrees so if being inside isnt a problem go with boxer mine sleeps at the end of my bed

Back