I am 16 and i am desperately need to get a driver license but i have a question?

IWIU

May 16, 2008
When I was 16, it was about an extra $60 per month, but one company told my mom $2000 per month, bunch of thieves, but they all aren't like that.

Now I have Allstate and Allstate has always been fair, good deal, best price. Been a good deal for 20 years, I will never change

They dont want me to get a driver license because they are afraid the insurance is going to be too high. Well my parent has a good driving record. my dad said its going to be $6000 a month if i get included. we have farmer insurance. we have 2 cars. one is 2002 honda civic and one is 2007 honda crv. do i need to get insured for both cars. or if not i would want to get insured in honda civic because it is older. My question is would it be really $6,000 for 6 month? but my grades is not that in good shape. really ashamed. lol

ummm... your driver license has nothing to do with the insurance bill! Its another form of id. The sooner you get it, the better off you'll be. You don't even have to drive after you get one. Tho you do have to KNOW HOW to drive to pass a test. And no. Sounds like your dad is feeding you bs. Its neva this high! Maybe he ment $600... I pay mine $80/month-for one new 2008 car.

no way dude, unless you have the worst insurance in the world, a 16 year old with a 2002 honda civ, should be no more than 500$ a month which would be about 3000 every six months and that still sounds like to much to me.

It depends on your state. If you go get a Driver's booklet at your DMV it should tell you.
Take Driver's ED. It GREATLY reduces your insurance payment. It may cost extra money if you can't get it in school, but not as much as it would be for insurance if you didn't.
And yeah, you usually do have to pay two insurances for two cars. yeah, it usually about 500-1,000 a month without you taking drivers ed. But with it, it should only cost a couple hundred a month.

Back