How to Unlock LG Marquee LS855?

Jacob

May 20, 2008
Hi
My uncle gave me this phone after he no longer used it. Its no longer on his plan. I just need to know a step by step guide to unlock the phone and put it on a different prepaid network, like verizon. Is it also possible to transfer my old prepaid verizon account onto this new phone so I don't have to change numbers?
Thanks

The LG Marque cannot be unlocked as it's a CDMA phone. The network it started out on is the only network it will work on. Verizon phones will only work on Verizon, Sprint phones will only work on Sprint, Alltel will only work on Alltel. The only way you'll be able to get a phone unlocked is if it is a GSM phone and uses ATT or T-mobile or something like that. CDMA phones cannot be unlocked. They can be flashed (losing certain features) to a carrier such as Revol, or Cricket and sometimes Metro PCS.

The LG Marque cannot be unlocked as it's a CDMA phone. The network it started out on is the only network it will work on. Verizon phones will only work on Verizon, Sprint phones will only work on Sprint, Alltel will only work on Alltel. The only way you'll be able to get a phone unlocked is if it is a GSM phone and uses ATT or T-mobile or something like that. CDMA phones cannot be unlocked. They can be flashed (losing certain features) to a carrier such as Revol, or Cricket and sometimes Metro PCS.

Back