How to get 4G on iPhone 4s?

12motor

Jul 2, 2008
My friend has 4G on iPhone 4s, but I have 3G. He said it's cause he has a 4G sim card. Can someone explain this to me more? How to get 4G sim card? Is there a big difference between 3G and 4G speed?
Need some details and stats.
- My carrier is Verizon.
- I got the iPhone 4s a week before the release of the iPhone 5 because the price lowered around 100$.
- I'm not talking about 4G LTE, just 4G alone.

Call your network provider, and see if your plan includes 4G data. If you got your iPhone before the 4S had 4G, then you will not have it. Also, try updating your software to iOS 6.1.1, and then see if it works, because some iOS versions do not use 4G.

Hack your iphone and change the 3G symbol to 4G because that's the only way your getting 4G on an iphone 4S, The only iphone that supports 4G is the Iphone 5 the models before that are not 4G capable.

Only on AT&T will iPhone 4Ss say 4G while on their HSPA network. Otherwise they will say 3G. Nothing to do with the SIM in the phone.

Verizon uses LTE for their 4G network, which will display LTE. However the iPhone 4S can not use these networks.

Yes, 4G is much faster than 3G.

If you live in Canada Rogers has 4G SIM cards. But if you live in the U.S., AT&T also has 4G SIM cards, but the iPhone 4S does not support LTE

Back