How to fight an excessive noise ticket?

JackN

Apr 23, 2008
Alright so here's a story, it's 1 in the morning on 12/31/10 and I'm driving and I get pulled over. The cop first of is very agitated yelling "what the fu*k are you thinking!" and other vulgarities and I do have a witness to testify that. He asks us are you drunk, high, questioning the ownership of my car, just ludicrous accusations and goes back to his car and like 3 other cops show up and after like a 25 minute wait walks up to my friend and I and says I'm gonna give you a ticket for excessive noise get that fixed. $137.01 ticket because he couldn't get me for anything else, other things to put in are that he NEVER TOOK ANY TEST because the ticket is not for illegal muffler it is for excessive noise. Now in my opinion that is ridiculous because that's just one cops opinion who may have hearing issues, any who he is not an expert and is just plain out not trained in the field of mufflers. I'm going to get my car professionally sound tested to see if it is over Maine's legal limit of 95db and if it's under that I think I have a good chance. Any suggestions would be great.

Back