How to eat healthy easily?

TanyaS

Feb 14, 2008
I'm 22 yrs old, 5'7" and 195 pds, so needless to say I need help with healthy eating. I have tried fad diets and I know they do not work, I need some tips on how to eat healthy every day. I like vegetables a lot and many different kinds of ethnic cuisine. I'm not very good at cooking, but I can handle simple stuff as long as it doesn't take too long. Is it possible to do take out and still be healthy?
If anyone has any sites with nutritional guidelines and help with portion control that would be really helpful. Thanks!

congrats that you have decided to start eating healthy..
well since you like vegetables a lot it shouldnt be really difficult for you.. avoid all kind of fatty/greasy/sugary foods.. you can maybe have one day a week where you can eat what you want just so that you dont cheat on the other days..
eat more veggies,lean meats, dairy products which are like 2% or sth or even fat free..
take out are not usually a healthy option.. you could eat once in a while but not everyday.. this site has got information about nutritional content of almost all things

http://caloriecount.about.com/

what you can do with take outs is check this website and see how many calories it has.. go for sth with lesser calories and more healthier.. then you can get that and eat only half of it and keep the other half for the next day or sth.. then you can add some veggies/fruits/milk/yoghurt from your own house.. that way you can eat take out also and not feel completely guilty..

good luck!

Back